Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another fun day in the hospital

So Ethan went in Monday morning, he was supposed to get his trach hole closed, but, and that is a big but, the doctor found scar tissue in his trachea, or windpipe. This meant if she closed it he would not be able to breath well, she said the size of his windpipe is the size of a newborns. Therefore she wants to wait six months, see if the size has increased because he will have grown, and if not they will have to do airway reconstructive surgery. So needless to say, we generally are disappointed, but its the way it has to be. They at least were able to botox his saliva glands(that is supposed to help stop drooling, because he has excessive drool!). We will see if it helps in the next couple weeks. Now all my plans for the year with no trach hole are shattered, but that is okay, there are much worse things. Hope you all are enjoying the crisp fall weather. Love Annie

11 comments:

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

Annie,

This message has brought tears to my eyes! I think of your sweet boys so much and words cannot express my love for you family. I can remember one of our first conversations and I have so much survivor guilt! I know that you are probably sick of hearing this, but I think you're amazing. I read your updates and truly wonder how you do it.

Kenna said...

That is so disappointing, Annie. I hope the Botox works. The picture of the boys on your header is darling.

Kate said...

Hooray for your new blog!
Sorry for the bad news. That's so frustrating. And I agree with Kenna... such a cute picture of those two little sillies.

Tam said...

Hey Annie - I found your blog this morning while hopping around. Looks good!! Can't wait to read more. Your boys are so fun and Kessa is having so much fun with Ethan in her class. She thinks it is really great to have someone from our ward in her class.

Rachel B. said...

First of all, yeah for you starting a blog! And second, I'm sorry to hear about that. That must be so frustrating, but at the same time I am always soooo impressed with how you handle everything. You really are little Miss Wonder-Woman with the cutest little family.

Kassiah said...

okay, love the blog, and where did you get that background?!! Just so you know, you are now on my blog as a link, and yes, you are that special!
Love ya!

Kari Clark said...

Cute blog Annie - the background is awesome! Sorry again about the bummer hospital trip - you're awesome to be so positive about life - thanks for being such a great example and friend!
Love ya - Kari

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, I was just clicking around and found your blog! I love your background! I love that you are always so positive, you are such a great example!

Renae said...

Hi Annie! You're a wonderful mom and keep on keeping on! Too bad you can't collect the drool and sell it to those who don't have enough. j/k Otherwise Ethan and Kaden look sooo happy.

herbie said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! I love the picture of your boys. And--the sugar cookie recipe?? j/k. Just so I get it before mid October, I'll be good!!

Amy

Hollie said...

Annie, I am so glad that you started a blog. It will be nice to keep in touch. Kassiah has told me that you've helped her out a lot, THANK YOU for being such a great friend to her! I am sorry to here about Ethan. You are such a positive person, I don't think I could go through what you have.