Monday, January 19, 2009












Ethan attempting to say "MOM" as a first!

We are doing fantabulous--- Justin is home!!!! Although he has to study for boards and is doing research, he is home, breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! We have had so much fun, just being together! Top picture is ET eating mac and cheese, second pic is Kaden finally getting his Christmas present from us about a week after Christmas, nice parents huh? The next two pics are the zoo, I took the boys on Saturday while Jusitn was doing some practice tests. The weather is gorgeous, and I just love the zoo with the boys, Kaden can run, Ethan gets to soak up whatever he can in the animal atmosphere and I get to walk around and look at cool animals and beautiful trees and always the big blue colorado sky! Let's see I am reading Sense and Sensibility right now, I am a huge fan of Jane Austen books and any movies made from her books, I have almost read all of her works, but htis is one I have seen the move about 7 times and never read the book, and I am relishing every moment of the book. I know, I am crazy, but I can't help myself I am a sucker for romance and old english writing. The cool things the kiddos have done this month is that Ethan actually is saying Mom, every day and he gives kisses to me and Kaden all day. The video is him attempting mom but now he says Mom all day long, very clearly and directed right at me! He has never said much of anything so this is super amazing! Kaden is like a little chatter box, asking my why about everything and I am super fast about answering. Today I spent 1 hour putting Kaden in time out for hitting me when he didn't get his way....that was way fun, oh, and Ethan's physical therapist was here watching the whole thing!

14 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh my gosh that viedo is so sweet! It made me cry! Way to go Et!
Shirlene

Christie said...

Oh my! Wonderful! SO incredibly sweet. There's just a little pay off :-)

KassiahMyers said...

That is awesome about Ethan saying Mom!!! I love the video, he is such a cute little man! I am very jealous of you going to the zoo without me! But I am glad you guys are doing good and Justin is around more! That must be awesome! As for the Jane Austin goes, more power to you! You know I can't read those books, old english is just way to weird! Love and miss ya!

Rachel B. said...

How sweet is that?! Cute little Ethan. I'm sure that is so exciting to hear! And maybe we should just stick Reese and Kaden in a room so they can just hit each other and get it out of their systems. Reese is being such a stinker with hitting me lately (and back-talking...already). I'm so glad Justin is home. You two are so cute. I love when I see you two together at church. You can just tell how happy you are!

Kate said...

What GREAT photos and video! I'm so glad to hear such happy news from you guys.

Karen said...

I'm reading sense and sensibility right now too! The problem is, I have to read and re-read every paragraph to figure out what's going on! I love the movies though, all of them--but they are so much easier to understand! Perhaps you could be my personal cliff notes...love the pix and video and that Justin is home with you! yeah!!!

Grandma Jannet said...

Annie that is great that Ethan says Mom I can"t to hear him . Hi Kadin I'mglad you went to the Zoo come over for dinner . We love you. jannet

The Ziemers said...

The boys are getting so big! It looks like you guys are doing great! We are still missing you guys here in Toledo.

Kari Clark said...

i'm glad that Justin is home again - thank goodness for husbands! Loved the update, your kids are so stinkin' cute!

Kenna said...

I LOVE Sense and Sensibility. I love the movie, too. Once when we moved and didn't have cable hooked up, I must have watched that video 15 times!

And way to go Ethan!

Natalee said...

I love that video, I miss that happy face! I wish we could go on your zoo tours with you! We are enjoying the AZ zoo, but would be much better with a cuz like you! That sounded kind of dumb, but true.

Eaton Family said...

One of Evan's Christmas presents came about 4 days late. haha. I'm glad that your hubby is home. That's always nice. Way to go supernanny with the time out. I bet the pt was impressed you stuck it out for so long. Did my sister ever give you the Pride and Prej movie back? Thanks for letting me borrow it. It was funny!

Miriam said...

I too am part of the Jane Austen fan club. I just can't get enough of those books. Love, love, love them. Okay I really need to get going on that book club I said I'd start. I'm itchin for some good book discussions.

Charisse said...

Hi Annie! What a great, new blog! It is fantastic. The boys are so grown up and so sweet. I loved hearing Ethan say, "mumma" for the first time! oh how precious! How are you? Blogs are excellent, aren't they? I love my new blog too. Did you ever see my new blog? I can't remember!
Love ya,
Charisse